*This post is written in collaboration with Amazon.
Ahh little Tiggy is growing so fast and one of the things she loves to do is to copy her brothers so in this modern age whereby she sees them playing on their “tablets” Tiggy of course wants to copy but all too often they’re fragile, difficult to use and don’t even start me on the safety aspect and in-app purchases!
So that’s where the Amazon Fire HD 8 for kids comes into a world of it’s own! The Fire HD 8 Kids Edition tablet is not a toy, but a full-featured tablet with an 8” HD display, 32 GB of internal storage and up to 10 hours of mixed-use battery life plus you can add a microSD card for up to 256 GB of expandable storage.
In addition the Fire HD 8 comes with all of the following:
- A 2-year worry-free guarantee. If anything happens to the tablet send the old one back and Amazon will replace it – no questions asked.
- 1 year subscription to Fire For Kids Unlimited with unlimited access to over 5,000 kid-friendly books, movies, TV shows, educational apps, and games.
- Best-in-class parental controls to manage usage limits, content access and help set educational goals. Apps by Disney, Nickelodeon, Sesame Street and more are included.
- A Kid-Proof Case to protect against drops, bumps and typical mayhem – available in Blue, Pink and Yellow (We of course went with pink for Tiggy, her favourite colour).
- Access to the Amazon Parent Dashboard with Discussion Cards enabling parents to discover the titles their kids enjoy and connect with them through rich conversations about these titles.
- The ability to give kids access to selected apps in your personal library, such as Netflix, YouTube and Candy Crush Jelly Saga.
With all of the above amazing features I can allow Tiggy to use her Amazon Fire HD 8 without worrying.
Tiggy’s also a huge fan of Peppa Pig and so with her able to use the Amazon Fire HD 8 both safely and securely she can watch episodes or play games and I can even enjoy a cup of coffee right to the end, whilst it’s still warm. Result! xoxo